terça-feira, 2 de novembro de 2010

21º FIBDA

For those of you that don't know, FIBDA - also known as Festival Internacional de BD da Amadora - is the main comic festival in Portugal. I never got the chance to go before, because it's kind of far from where I live, and it's not always possible to travel 600 km on a weekend, but finally this year I got to go. And as an invited author, to sign autographs and draw! It was a great experience. Not only did I get to share it with my talented better half Pedro Carvalho, but we got to see friends we don't get to see often, we got to meet other talented people and, most of all, we got to draw. A lot. Which is awesome. I met some really nice people who support my work ,and that really makes me want to keep pushing and keep going, no matter how hard it gets. It's not always easy, but events like this boost my confidence and my will power. So now I'll leave you with a little photo sum-up of the weekend I spent at FIBDA.

This is me, with my usual nobility, sat down and ready for the first signing to begin. GO!


Ah! Signing already. That's good. I was signing the first Zona Negra, so I think I as drawing a zombie.
It was the only zombie I drew, too. I felt proud.


Here's Pedro Carvalho and João Raz.

Here's the line-up of artists signing on Saturday. You can only see a little bit of my head, I'm behind Pedro.

After some long hours of drawing, what do artists do? Draw more, of course. We all went to dinner and couldn't help drawing all over. This part of the table was mine, Pedro's and Fil's.

On to day 2! Here's me and Paulo Marques. Photo courtesy of Bongop :)

Here I am again, totally focused on drawing the Hammer Killer. Whack! Photo courtesy of Nuno Neves.

Here's a super quick drawing of Scott Pilgrim I drew for Bongop!

Aaand here's a Atomic Robo I drew for someone else.

I don't have more photos for now, I spent all the time drawing and didn't take many photos. However, you can expect some more photos the next few days, since my friends will probably get me some more photos.

See you soon with some new scribbles!

3 comentários:

  1. It's always nice when all the people involved, artist and public, have a good time.
    I can only speak for myself, but it was a great pleasure for me to know you personally and realize how nice and talented you are.
    You acted like a real professional :-)
    Hope you will continue your excellent work and surprise us with new publish material.
    I'm sure we'll meet again in a future comic convention.

    P.S.
    Obrigado pelo maravilhoso Naruto.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. The pleasure was all mine! It means the world to be able to talk and draw for people who like my work. Thank you so much for stopping by and chatting, the motivational boost I get from this kind of meetings is incredible! Thanks for the kind words too, I hope I can draw you a lot more things in future comic conventions :)

    PS - De nada! Ainda pensei em desenhar o Kakashi - que é o meu favorito hehe - mas como o pin era do Naruto, e apesar de já não desenhar o Naruto há algum tempo, não resisti a desenhar esse ninja endiabrado ;)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. :-)
    Kakashi Sensei altamente.
    Fica para a próxima ;-)

    ResponderEliminar